Thursday, April 23, 2009

My favorite art in Paris, some of it anyway

I spent most of my time in Paris wandering (lost is the more accurate word) the halls of "the great museums". Here are some of my favorite pieces.


Above: A great show at the Centre Pompidou on Alexander Calder's Parisian years in the late 20's and early 30's, where he created a toy circus and started the wire scultptures and mobiles that would make him tremendously famous years later in America. This show was my favorite art thing I saw in Paris.
Below: Also at the Pompidou, a giant and complete retrospective on Kandinsky's paintings, prints and drawings.



Above and below: More important stuff (above), and things i really liked (below) from the Pompidou



Above is a Hawaiian funerary mask made of shells. I thought it was the coolest thing I'd ever seen. It was at the Musée du Louvre.



Above and below: Also at the Louvre, Egyptian and Mesopotamian art. Two of my favorite ancient cultures, it was quite amazing to make my way through the vast and well presented collections this museum has.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.