Friday, April 23, 2010

pictures from my desktop


If there is one thing the internet is good for, it's amazing images. I have a habit of saving any interesting pictures I come across from my internet whereabouts and save them in a folder that rotates them on my desktop. I've been at it for a few years now and here are some of my favorites with a brief explanation. Above is a medieval painting by a nun named Hildegard of Bingen who used to get visions from the Lord and record them. This is her impression of recieving those visions, so I presume those strange red things coming out of her eyes as the grace of God and she is hurriedly recording them .


This comes from a Japanese horror film from the 80's called "House"


Meet Ros Soroysothea, she's a singer famous in Cambodia during the 1970's before the craziness from the Pol Pot era killed her and all the other musicians that made the rock scene there truly special and probably the best I know of

A gorgeous poster for a film I've never seen

A picture from the Russian Soviet future, in the early 80's.


I want a laser baby

I found this picture while looking up information for a band named Supersister

Ross found this picture of a sad fat girl with a disappointing pony. I have a thing for cake pictures and especially like this one

This is courtesy of Engrish.com and comes from a manga comic

A turn of the century Russian circus poster

A still from a telenovela from the late 70's with Veronica Castro, one of the big haired, heavily made-up women from my childhood who still haunt me (in a good way) to this day. It says the name of the soap opera which translates as "rich people also cry"


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I saw the picture of the fat girl with the cake, I gasped. I wondered how the internet found my picture.

Luckily it's not me. I was much whiter, and I was never cool enough for polka-dotted pants with suspenders.

Chad said...

Oh my God so good! More please!

ross said...

MORE POSTS MORE MORE

Anonymous said...

Ariel, do you sell your cake pictures?